8.06.2008

Lifestyle Choices

When I was pregnant, I was, quite frankly, disturbed with the growing list of things I couldn't do as a prego. For example, I was supposed to avoid nail salons, dying my hair, painting my nails, extra hot showers, soft white cheese, deli meat with nitrates, strong smelling cleaners, caffeine and so much more. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with the differences in physical labor that every woman must adjust to accommodate her growing belly. But these items are things that either I ingest in my body whether consciously or naturally. Doesn't it stand to reason that if I shouldn't be putting these things in my body regardless of whether or not a baby is growing inside of me? I think so.

My goal is to live my life so that when I'm pregnant again, I will not have to severely alter my lifestyle to accommodate my growing baby. 

I must admit, there are a couple of exceptions to this rule that I plan on incorporating into my life as soon as breastfeeding will allow.

Exception #1: Sushi. I will eat sushi, loaded with raw fish, as soon as possible!

Exception #2: To be honest, I can't think of anything else, but I will be sure to fill this in when I do.

No comments: