1.04.2009

2009


My 2009 resolutions begin in approximately 6 hours. I decided I'd start the first Monday back to work for 2009, tomorrow. I should be in bed right now, getting lots of sleep for all of my inspired writing and reading and such that I will be accomplishing come 3 AM tomorrow morning, but alas, I am awake. 

So, I decided to get an early start. This will take care of one of my three blogs for this week--can't go wrong with that. 

I've been thinking a lot about goals and resolutions for this year. I've been comparing notes with others. And I still have more people to compare with. As I continue to compare, my list grows and grows. I also sat down with my hubby and we wrote parenthood goals (instead of just "motherhood" goals) and financial goals for 2009. I'm excited because I can already feel the momentum. We started many things in December, so the transition to January is going to be more of a step rather than a leap.

And, all this said, I have already decided that I need to cut back my goals. The list is slowly creeping into two typed pages. Sounds impressive, and also is unrealistic. I will begin paring back tomorrow. I need goals to aim for (because if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time), but I don't need a list that is so impossible that I give up on everything. Plus, I've already started making excuses in my head for why I wouldn't complete the goals each week which tells me those really aren't as big of priorities as I first thought. This is a process, but a good one. 

What are your goals for 2009? I'd love to compare lists. I believe mine will be a work in progress as the year goes on. Oh, and I've decided on a motif for this year. I believe 2009 will be a year of peace. 

No comments: