11.18.2008

Changing seasons

When I lived in Michigan, it was always clear when the seasons were changing. When it was changing to spring, the snow melted. When it was changing to summer, I didn't have to wear a coat outside anymore. When it changed to fall, the colors. . .oh the colors, and the harvest of fresh veggies and fruits. Apple cider. Yummm. And when it changed to winter, snow. Most people here in the south hate and despise snow. I get that, simply because snow here is awful. But real snow, Michigan snow, ahh, it's a something to treasure and behold. My good friend called the other day and mentioned that it is snowing in Michigan right now and "it is beautiful." I am jealous. We don't get distinct season changes in Oklahoma. This week the temperatures will range from 30's to possible 70's. Which season is that?

Here is snow in Michigan--oh, how I miss thee!




And here is the only way I can tell the seasons are changing in Oklahoma. Sigh.


4 comments:

little ensor said...

Oh, it's so true. Starbucks and Football season :) the two Fall identifiers for us!

kyna said...

oh I know... I have lived in Texas or Oklahoma for the majority of my life and I have been jealous of "real" seasons that other places have.

When I found out that the pumpkin spice latte was back, I announced to the office that it was offically fall. ha ha

Anonymous said...

Haha! That is so funny... thanks Starbucks for keeping us informed!

~The Harrison Family~ said...

Michigan snow is definitely pretty from inside your warm house...but I definitely don't like going out in it and the cold cold weather. The seasons are great though and I'm sure I would miss them lots if I lived somewhere else. Maybe it's time for you to come and visit so Andie and Ethan can have a play date...