4.13.2009

Agent for a Day . . . or so part 2


The English teacher in me is screaming as I read through these queries. I spent lots of quality hot air trying to convince my students that they don't need phrases like, "I am going to write a book report about such and such" or "This will be about . . ." or "I believe you are going to . . ." Get rid of the first person, don't insult my intelligence by telling me something I can figure out on my own, and, as cliche as it may sound, show, don't tell. I've gotten through 4 queries so far, and now my baby girl is calling. More later :)

4 comments:

Jennifer Hudson Taylor said...

Sometimes putting oneself in someone else's shoes will kind of hit home like that.

Stacy Nyikos said...

Ooh, they are bringing the English teacher out in you!

I nominated you for a Lemonade Stand Award. When you get a chance, pop by my site. Congrats!

Casey said...

I agree. Every time someone made one of the mistakes we hear so much about I cringed, especially since they are people supposedly reading Nathan's blog.

Anonymous said...

I still have your cabbage patch doll. :) Mom