5.28.2009

One year ago...

I went into labor at 10:00 P.M. a year ago tonight. Wow. That went really fast. Not the labor. That took 45 hours. But the year. A whole year. And while I'm planning the big one-year party and marveling each day at how much Andie's growing, there are still things that catch me off guard and stop me in my tracks.

*The other day I went through the baby aisle at Target to find some baby q-tips (didn't find them) and realized that Andie has pretty much outgrown that aisle, and I won't be shopping there anymore.

*Today I got an email that used to be titled something like, "Your Baby is 40 weeks old," and it listed all the new things Andie could be doing and gave lots of links to advice I could follow. But today I got an email entitled "My Toddler This Week: Your 1-year Old."

I literally caught my breath when I read that email. 

The day after Andie was born


My Toddler


6 comments:

kyna said...

enjoy every minute, now you know everyone was not kidding when they told you they grow up so fast! :) Happy Birthday Sweet Andie!

Mom2Miles said...

Awww, what a cutie! Love the bib w/ sleeves -- we need one of those! It really is a shock when they go from being called babies to toddlers and then to preschoolers!!

Joy said...

M2M--The bib's from Ikea! My aunt sent it to me, and it's one of my favorite things :)

~The Harrison Family~ said...

Wow I can't believe it's already been a year Joy! Andie sure is a beauty, hope her 1st birthday party is so much fun!!

Loukia said...

My goodness, you have such a beautiful child! My babies also had that much hair when they were born... so very beautiful!

Okie Book Woman said...

Oh, Joy, she is beautiful!